Health, Safety, Environment, Quality (HSEQ)
P W Well Services Ltd operates an Integrated Management System (IMS) to ensure that all foreseeable risks are suitably and sufficiently managed to As Low As Reasonably Practicable (ALARP). This is achieved by ongoing hazard identification, risk assessment, and determination of necessary controls. The IMS follows the Plan-Do-Check-Act (PDCA) approach and treats HSEQ management as an integral part of good management practice for continuous improvement.
The company is certified to BS OHSAS 18001:2007 Occupational Health and Safety Management and BS EN ISO 9001:2008 Quality Management. The company is working towards the newly established standard BS EN ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management.
The health, safety and welfare of our employees, clients, contractors, visitors and members of the public are paramount. As such Safety is a core value of the organisation and we are proud of our safe working practices.
For each project the company operates a continuous reporting system where all positive and negative work practices are recorded and suitably dealt with. We actively encourage an intervention culture in order to develop safer working practices.
We approach HSEQ with a range of proactive methods based upon the Quality and SHE programmes for a given project. These measures include, but are not limited to the following:
Management System and Procedures
- Core Values
- Golden Rules
- HSE Policy Manual and IMS Policy Manual
- Management Standards
- Task Specific Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Risk Assessments
- Site Specific SHE Plans, Environmental Plans and Quality Plans
- Development of risk assessments utilising a number of tools i.e. HAZID, HAZOP, FMEA, What-if, PHA, FTA, ETA etc.
- Pre-task Risk Assessments
- Personal Risk Assessments
- Permit to Work System
- Safety Observation Cards
- Time Out For Safety
- Toolbox Talks
- Occupational Health Assessments
- SHE and Progress Meetings
- Hazard and Legal Registers
- DROPS Campaign
- Noise and Emissions Surveys
- Competency Assurance Plans
- Site Inductions
Inspections and Audits
- Site Surveys
- Well and Site Acceptance
- Rig Audit Commissioning
- Safety Tours by management representatives
- Routine Planned Maintenance System
- In-house Inspections and Audits
- External third party Inspections and Audits
- Statutory Testing and Inspections Regimes
The workforce’s competency requirements at all levels of the organisation form a key part of our services. Careful selection, training and ongoing assessment of personnel ensures that operations are safe, environmentally sound and conform to current legislation, regulations and best industry practices.